Cañon City Schools

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Background Image

Employment Vacancies - How to Apply

Cañon City School District Fremont Re-1 has partnered with AppliTrack (Frontline Technology Group, LLC) for a streamlined online application process.  This process is completely paper-free on our end and even allows candidates to upload documents such as a cover letter, their resumé, licenses and transcripts.  We then have the ability to view applications that have been submitted, sort them into areas of interest and even filter them as part of a screening process to ensure that we are considering candidates who meet Highly Qualified status. 

If you have any questions regarding the online application system, please feel free to contact our Human Resources Department at 276-5700.



A Note to Teaching Applicants:
Applications for licensed teaching positions receive preference if you hold a current Colorado license, or you can provide documentation of its status of "In Progress". If you are applying from out of state, contact the Colorado Department of Education for license applications immediately - the processing time for applications can be up to 6 months. Go to: , then click on the "Educator Licensing" tab on the left side of the page for information on how to apply for a Colorado license.

All Applicants for Teaching Licenses:
The Colorado Department of Education in Denver has implemented a new web-based licensing tracking system that allows you to check on the status of your license paperwork.

Here is the link for the Licensing page at Colorado Department of Education.

All employees are required to complete fingerprints for employment.  Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI) is the agency that processes fingerprints and criminal background checks.  CBI is currently at least 3 months in arrears for processing due to the high volume of fingerprint cards they have received. 

Teacher applicants who completed their education degree in-state should have already completed fingerprints for CDE while enrolled in their educator program through the university or college. Teacher applicants who completed their education degree out-of-state should complete this process as soon as possible in order for their application with CDE to be completed, so that they are eligible to be considered for a teaching position.


Internal Employees/Transfer Requests:
This application process also applies to internal employees who are seeking the possibility of transferring to a new assignment (within their job classification). Employees seeking to transfer to a new job classification, though, (i.e. A paraprofessional desires to become a custodian) will be required to complete the regular application process rather than the internal transfer request.  If you are uncertain of your current classification, please contact the Human Resources Department for clarification.  Improperly completing your application may delay or prevent you from being considered for a position.

Depending on the type of position you are applying for, you may be required to upload documents such as reference letters, transcripts, and licenses.

To start your application, and to review our open positions, select the button below: