Welcome to the class of 2031!
(Kindergarten Roundup is for all Elementary Schools except Mountain View Core Knowledge School)
Who? Any child who will be 5 years old on or before August 1, 2018
Where? Your neighborhood school
What? Kindergarten Round-Up (Introduction to the school experience)
- Kindergarten is a full day program
- Registration occurs at your child’s neighborhood school (or the school where you have an approved transfer)
- Kindergarten orientation occurs in small groups during the first week of school
- Each school will identify details and date your child is to attend.
- Students, who meet eligibility requirements, may
- Ride district bus transportation
- Receive breakfast and lunch at reduced/free pricing
- Students who wish to attend a school other than their neighborhood school need to complete a transfer request. Deadline for 2018-19 school year is April 1, 2018. Click here to download the transfer request form.
- Transfer applications are available at the schools or at Cañon City Schools District Office, located at 101 N. 14th Street
- Transfer requests received after the April 1st deadline will be put on a waiting list to be considered after August Registration
Bring the following items to summer Registration:
- Child's Immunization Records
- Child's Birth Certificate (proof of birth date/legal name)
- Parent Contact and employment information
- Proof of Address (e.g. - rent receipt, utility bill, rental agreement, tax agreement)
- Medical/Health Release Form
- Home Language Survey Form
- Educational Eligibility for Household