Cañon Exploratory School is fortunate enough to have its very own chapter of National Junior Honor Society. Membership in this chapter is an honor bestowed upon deserving students by the faculty, and shall be based on the criteria of Scholarship, Service, Leadership, Citizenship, and Character.
To be eligible:
- The candidate must be second semester sixth grade or in grades seventh through eighth.
- The candidate must be in attendance for a period of one semester at Cañon Exploratory School.
- The candidate must be enrolled in content and electives classes at Cañon Exploratory School.
- The candidate shall have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 out of 4.0
- Cumulative grade point average shall be calculated from all sixth, seventh, and eighth grade classes attended at a Cañon City School District school (Harrison K-8, Mountain View Core Knowledge, Cañon City Middle School, and Cañon Exploratory School).
- Upon meeting the grade level, attendance, and GPA standard requirements, the candidate shall then be considered based on his/her service, leadership, citizenship, and character.
The selection of members to this chapter shall be by a majority vote of the Faculty Council consisting of five faculty members appointed by the principal. The Faculty Advisor shall be the sixth, non-voting, ex-officio member of the Faculty Council.
Cañon Exploratory NJHS Advisors:
- Mrs. Bryan
- Mrs. Veatch
Cañon Exploratory NJHS Council Members:
- Mrs. Albrecht
- Mrs. Brulé
- Ms. Jackson
- Mrs. Lowther
- Mr. Warman
- Mrs. Wrona