Preparing Students for 21st Century Careers
- PTECH focuses on computer information systems with pathway options in programming, database administration, and web design and development.
- PTECH students may matriculate through the 14th grade.
- Students in PTECH will graduate with a high school diploma and an associate’s degree from Pueblo Community College.
- PTECH students will also receive mentorship and internship opportunities with TechSTART.
- Canon City School District and TechSTART will work together to align the curriculum to meet the skills needed in the STEM industries.
- PTECH students will have the option, after completing their two-year degree, to identify pathways to completion of 4-year degrees.
Pathways in Technology Early College High School (PTECH) is a new type of school that brings together the best elements of high school, college, and the professional world.
PTECH is a model that CCHS offers, allowing students to earn a high school diploma as well an Associates of Applied Science degree in a STEM-related career field at no cost from Pueblo Community College. This program includes significant internship and mentorship opportunities with TechSTART, giving students a head start in their career after completing the program. Students enroll at the end of their 9th-grade year and complete the program in 4-5 years.
Earn a no-cost Associate’s Degree in a STEM-related career field
PTECH started at CCHS in 2018 as a cooperative agreement with Pueblo Community College and TechSTART giving CCHS students the opportunity to graduate with a high school diploma and Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degree in 4-5 years.
Along with college courses, students will receive mentorships and internships through TechSTART to provide real-world experiences to supplement their academic coursework.
Students must apply for the PTECH program and will begin college coursework in the 10th grade. Positions within the PTECH program are limited, so apply as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact: Madison Tortessi