Concurrent Enrollment / College Credit Programs Available at CCHS

Students at CCHS have the opportunity to enroll in courses that could earn them both high school credit and college credit. 

In addition, if you would like more information regarding Concurrent Enrollment through the Colorado Department of Education, please click the logo below.

CDE Logo


Concurrent Enrollment

Students at CCHS have the opportunity to earn college credit by enrolling in courses at CCHS that could earn them both high school credit and college credit through our partnership with Pueblo Community College, Fremont Campus.  CCHS students may earn dual (college and high school) credit or work toward certification in both academic and vocational areas. Tuition and fees for concurrent enrollment courses are free to students and parents and are covered by Cañon City School District UNLESS a students receives a final grade of a “D” or “F” or withdraws prior to the completion of the course; if that occurs, students and parents will be responsible to pay the PCC tuition and fees for the course and will not be allowed to enroll in any future concurrent enrollment courses until the outstanding tuition is paid.

All students are encouraged to explore the programs offered and seek further information from their counselor for registration information. Students must meet minimum PCC standards to participate in the concurrent enrollment program. Courses available for concurrent enrollment are listed in the Pathways Handbook in the course offerings section. They will be designated with a "C" in the course designation column. Please note, these classes are subject to change.

In order to be enrolled in a concurrent enrollment course to receive college credit, students must first apply to Pueblo Community College as a concurrent enrollment student.  That process is outlined in the powerpoint presentation below and in this video: How to apply We recommend that all CCHS students complete the application if they think they will take any concurrent enrollment courses at any time in their years at CCHS.

Once a student has submitted an application, this does not need to be done again unless the student chooses to attend PCC as a regular college student after graduation from PCC. 

Once the application is complete (or if the student has taken concurrent enrollment courses at CCHS previously), the student should complete a registration form at  If possible, include your S number and Course Numbers (you can email for this information.)  Registration must be completed each semester and will be done within most concurrent enrollment classes at the beginning of each quarter and/or semester. 


Applying for Concurrent Enrollment

Applying for Concurrent Spring Semester



Dear Canon City High School Student,

If you are taking at least one class at Canon City High School that is part of PCC’s Concurrent Enrollment Program, you can earn college credit for your efforts -- and the high school will pay your tuition!  Please complete these steps before Tuesday, Sept. 1.

  1. If you’ve already started the enrollment process this fall, please have your parents check to see if they’ve received an email from “Fremont Early College” – if so, ask them to open that email and sign it electronically (in two places) and submit. We can’t register you for PCC concurrent classes without a parent’s authorization!
  2. If you have not taken PCC courses previously, you will need to apply to the college, following the instructions below. There is no cost to apply to PCC. If you have already taken classes for PCC credit, skip to step 3.
    • Go to Pueblocc.eduand click on “Apply” at the top of the page
    • Create an account and an undergraduate application
    • Need help? Please watch this step-by-step video – How to Apply
  3. The next step is to complete the Concurrent Enrollment Registration Form:
    • Go to
    • Complete all fields with an asterisk
    • Be sure to enter the parent’s correct email address
    • Electronically sign and submit

*Once students complete the registration form, parents will immediately receive an email and will be required to sign as well. Please encourage them to sign as quickly as possible! Instructions will be in the email they receive from “Fremont Early College.”

PCC will work closely with your high school counselors to get you registered for classes. Once the enrollment process is complete you and your parent(s) will receive an email confirmation. Any questions regarding concurrent enrollment can be directed to your counselor, the concurrent enrollment counselor, or the Pueblo Community College staff listed below:


Michael Maffucci
Director of Student Services

Toni Roberts
GoZone Coordinator
Sharon Carlton
CCHS Concurrent Enrollment Counselor


Advanced Placement Program


Advanced Placement (AP) Program courses give students a head start on college while still at CCHS. Being successful on the AP exams sends a powerful message to colleges and universities that students are ready for the rigors of advanced studies. It is expected that students will take the AP exam if they are enrolled in an AP class. Students are expected to pay and take the AP examination; this cost is approximately $85 per exam. Students who sign up to take the advanced placement test and decide not to test will be charged the current College Board required processing fee. Only students who take the AP exam will have ‘AP’ notated on their transcript for the course. All students who are willing to accept the challenge of a rigorous academic curriculum will be given consideration for admission to Advanced Placement courses. The College Board encourages the elimination of barriers that restrict access to AP courses for students from ethnic and racial groups that have been traditionally under represented in the AP Program. The College Board discourages the creation of “honors track” prerequisites or other pipelines through which a student must progress to enroll in AP. A student’s individual motivation and completion or the prerequisite content should govern enrollment decisions.Note:  Colleges and universities formulate an AP policy appropriate to their institution:

  • Some award “credit” for qualifying AP Exam grades. This means you actually earn points toward your college degree.
  • Others award “advanced placement.” This means you can skip introductory courses, enter higher-level classes, and/or fulfill general education requirements.
  • It is always best to check directly with the college or university office of admissions to find out the specific value of an AP exam or use the College Board’s new AP Credit Policy Search, hosted on

  College Board