About Us Questions
- What grades are offered at MVCKS?
- Are there any tuition or fees?
- What is the class size?
- What math curriculum is used?
- What other curricula are used in the elementary school grades?
- What additional classes are offered at MVCKS
- Does MVCKS have an athletic program?
- Who governs MVCKS?
- Who may attend MVCKS?
- Does MVCKS provide Special Education services?
- What other services are purchased through the RE-1 School District?
- Does MVCKS have a hot lunch program?
- Are transportation services provided to students?
- What is the age to attend kindergarten?
- What is the “second year option” for kindergarten?
What grades are offered at MVCKS?
Mountain View offers an elementary school with grades kindergarten through five, and a middle school for grades six through eight.
Are there any tuition or fees?
As a public school, students in grades Kindergarten through 8th are provided a tuition-free education.
We do have a yearly technology fee of $50 for students from 3rd through 8th.
What is the class size?
The average class size is 26 students, with both a teacher and teaching assistant in each classroom.
What math curriculum is used?
Grades 1-5 use . . .
Grades 6-8 use MidSchoolMath
What other curricula are used in the elementary school grades?
- Reading: Grades K-5 use Open Court “Collections for Young Learners” (classic literature based)
- Phonics and Spelling: Grades 1-5 use Modern Curriculum Press
- Handwriting: Grades K-5 use Zaner-Bloser
- Science and History: these are unit-based subjects and we use What Your (number) Grader Need to Know, along with a variety of creative materials
What additional classes are offered at MVCKS
Spanish, grades K-8
Physical Education, grades K-8
Music, grades K-8
Art, grades K-8
Computers, grades K-8
Band, grades 4-8
Does MVCKS have an athletic program?
MVCKS does not have an athletic program, but our middle school students may participate in athletics at Harrison.
Who governs MVCKS?
The Governing Board is comprised of 5 members who oversee and establish educational and operational policies of the school. The Board meets once a month to discuss school operations and hear reports from committees and staff. All meetings are open to the public.
Who may attend MVCKS?
Students from any district may attend MVCKS, however, priority is given to students whose primary residence is within the boundaries of the Fremont RE-1 School District. Students are offered positions on a first-come, first-served basis.
Does MVCKS provide Special Education services?
MVCKS purchases Special Education services through the Fremont RE-1 School District.
What other services are purchased through the RE-1 School District?
MVCKS purchases accounting services through the RE-1 School District.
Does MVCKS have a hot lunch program?
MVCKS offers hot lunches daily. It is prepared by Harrison School and the RE-1 Nutritional Service Department. Free and Reduced lunches provided if you qualify.
Are transportation services provided to students?
MVCKS does not provide transportation to and from school, but parents often car-pool. Bus services are also often purchased from the RE-1 School District for field trips.
What is the age to attend kindergarten?
MVCKS follows the RE-1 School District policy of five years of age by June 1st to attend kindergarten.
What is the “second year option” for kindergarten?
Parents often place their children on waiting lists at birth for kindergarten. Occasionally they determine that the child is not ready for kindergarten at the age of five, and would like to hold the child out of school for an additional year. These parents may decline a position when offered and place their child on the kindergarten list for the following year, a choice which is called the “second year option.