Purchasing & Warehouse
The primary objective of Cañon City Schools Warehouse and Purchasing Department is to acquire and provide quality goods and services for all District Sites through an open, competitive bidding process while adhering to all Colorado Statutes and Board of Education Policies.
Main functions carried out:
- Procurement services to the schools and departments including product and vendor resources, competitive bidding, and the purchasing tools necessary for procuring product and services.
- District purchases arrive in a variety of ways from freight truck to deliveries from individual local companies. These items are carefully checked in against the district purchase orders to ensure that all items received are exactly what the district ordered. After the check-in process is completed, the items are sorted and delivered to the appropriate location. Last year our department processed over 1500 purchase orders totaling over $1.66 million.
- Warehouse staff orders items and retains an inventory stock when it will save money by bidding and buying in bulk.
- We currently stock almost 600 different instructional and custodial products totaling over $70,000. You can now find our current warehouse catalog on the school district web site. Warehouse deliveries are normally scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Custodial supplies
- Copier and construction paper
- Art supplies
- Office supplies
- Laser, Ink Jet, and RISO Printer supplies
- Refrigerators, freezers, and dry storage areas house most of the food prepared and served to students for break fast and lunch. Warehouse staff delivers these items to each school throughout the week.