Procedure for Parents who “Refuse to have their students take state assessments”
- Parents must meet face-to-face with the Principal of the building.
- At this meeting, the Principals advises the parent of State Statute 22-7-1006.3 stating that the state uses these assessment results for evaluating students’ mastery of and growth in the Colorado Academic Standards.
- Parents must write a letter of refusal.
- The principal will document on the documentation sheet provided in the handbook.
- The principal will keep a file of all documentation and submit to the DAC at the end of the assessment window.
File IKA-E - Parent Request for Exemption From State Assessments - Exhibit.pdf