Employment Vacancies - How to Apply

Cañon City School District Fremont Re-1 has partnered with Frontline Technology Group, LLC, for a streamlined online application process called Recruiting and Hiring (formerly AppliTrack).  This process is completely paper-free on our end and even allows candidates to upload documents such as a cover letter, their resumé, licenses and transcripts.  We then have the ability to view applications that have been submitted, sort them into areas of interest and even filter them as part of a screening process to ensure that we are considering candidates who meet Highly Qualified status. 

If you have any questions regarding the online application system, please feel free to contact our Human Resources Department at 276-5700.

If you are applying from out of state, contact the Colorado Department of Education for license applications immediately - the processing time for applications can be up to 6 months. Go to this link: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof for information on how to apply for a ColA Note to Teaching Applicants:

Applications for licensed teaching positions receive preference if you hold a current Colorado license, or you can provide documentatioorado license.

All Applicants for Teaching Licenses:
The Colorado Department of Education in Denver has a web-based licensing tracking system that allows you to check on the status of your license paperwork.

Here is the link for the Licensing page at Colorado Department of Education. (http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof)

All employees are required to complete fingerprints for employment. There is a cost for this requirement of $39.50.  Fingerprints are processed through the Colorado Bureau of Investigations.  CBI has approved the school district for an in house fingerprinting LiveScan system so we can collect the fee and process those prints for you.

Teacher applicants who completed their education degree in-state should have already completed fingerprints for CDE while enrolled in their educator program through the university or college. Teacher applicants who completed their education degree out-of-state should complete this process as soon as possible in order for their application with CDE to be completed, so that they are eligible to be considered for a teaching position.  Please visit with CDE licensing website for more information at this link:  http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof

Internal Employees/Transfer Requests:
This application process also applies to internal employees who are seeking the possibility of transferring to a new assignment (within their job classification). Employees seeking to transfer to a new job classification, though, (i.e. A paraprofessional desires to become a custodian) will be required to complete the regular application process rather than the internal transfer request.  If you are uncertain of your current classification, please contact the Human Resources Department for clarification.  Improperly completing your application may delay or prevent you from being considered for a position.

Depending on the type of position you are applying for, you may be required to upload documents such as reference letters, transcripts, and licenses.

To start your application, and to review our open positions, select the button below:

Job Postings - Apply Online