Welcome to Kindergarten Roundup 2023-2024
April 25th-April 26th, 2023
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Who? Any child who will be 5 years old on or before August 1, 2023
What? Kindergarten Round-Up (Introduction to the school experience)
- Kindergarten is a full day program that helps prepare for your child's first school experience.
- Registration occurs at your child’s neighborhood school (or the school where you have an approved transfer)
- Kindergarten orientation occurs in small groups during the first week of school
- Each school will identify details and date your child is to attend.
- Students, who meet eligibility requirements, may
- Ride district bus transportation
- Receive breakfast and lunch at reduced/free pricing
- Students who wish to attend a school other than their neighborhood school need to complete a transfer request. Deadline for 2022-2023 school year is April 1, 2022. Click here to download the transfer request form.
- Transfer applications are available at the schools or at Cañon City Schools District Office, located at 101 N. 14th Street
- Transfer requests received after the April 1st deadline will be put on a waiting list to be considered after August Registration
Buddy Day is May 10, 2023
- Purpose is to help child transition to kindergarten and to preview kindergarten curriculum.
Click on an option to register a student for 23-24 Kindergarten.
1. You have an existing Campus Portal Account:
Use Campus Portal to Register
If you are have a Campus Portal Account and have other children
attending Canon City Schools, login to register your new student. This option pre-populates
your application with your existing information.
*MUST HAVE A CAMPUS
Where to locate the Online Registration Link in your Campus Portal
To be compliant with CDE, the school/district discloses education records, including student discipline records, without consent to officials of another school district in which a student seeks or intends to enroll, or is already enrolled if the disclosure is for purposes of the student’s enrollment or transfer.
El Distrito Escolar ofrece información sin requerir de autorización, a oficiales de otros distritos escolares que soliciten récords, incluyendo de disciplina, de estudiantes aspirantes o ya inscritos en sus distritos, si la información es para propósitos de inscripción o transfer.